SCC is currently consulting on the future of the Community Recycling Centres.
Their website for comments is – Link .
The final date is 7th August 2017. There are some sensible as well as some controversial proposals, not least closing the sites for two days in the week. The 5 proposals are –
1. Ending the free daily allowance of non-household waste
2. Closing CRCs on two weekdays so all sites are open for five days a week
3. Ensuring CRCs in Camberley and Farnham are only used by Surrey residents
4. Permanent closure of four smaller CRCs – Bagshot, Cranleigh, Warlingham and Dorking
5. Restricting users of vans, trailers and pick-ups to larger CRCs only
If people want a paper copy, please phone 03456-009-009.
We urge all residents to get involved with this consultation.