Heathrow expansion consultation
Top of Form
In October 2016, the Government announced that a new north west runway at Heathrow is its preferred scheme for the expansion of airport capacity in the South East.
The planning process for Heathrow expansion is now firmly underway, as the airport has launched what is set to be one of the largest public consultations in the country’s history.
Heathrow’s consultation is a major milestone in delivering an expanded airport – Europe’s largest privately funded infrastructure project, and the best way to keep the UK connected to global growth. The consultation will run for 10-weeks, during which Heathrow will seek views on how to shape its plans so it can deliver the huge opportunities of expansion while keeping to the promises it has made to local communities and meeting strict environmental tests.
There are two parts to the consultation:
- The first relates to the physical changes on the ground needed to build a new north west runway and operate an expanded airport
- The second relates to potential principles that could be applied when designing the new airspace required for an expanded airport. At this early stage, Heathrow are not consulting on future flight path options.
There are 40 events in total being held across the region. All the consultation event locations are available on the Heathrow website.
The events in Elmbridge are:
- Friday 9 February, 12pm – 8pm, Imber Court, Ember Lane, East Molesey, KT8 0BT
- Saturday 10 February, 10am-4pm, The Weybridge Centre for the Community, Churchfield House, Churchfield Road, Weybridge, KT13 8DB
- Monday 12 March, 12-8pm, The Cecil Hepworth Playhouse, Hurst Grove, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 1AU
Accompanying documents that contain information about different options for an expanded Heathrow and the principles for redesigning airspace can be found on Heathrow’s website at www.heathrowconsultation.com or at the Document Inspection Locations of which Elmbridge Borough Council is one, or at one of the events. You can also request a copy by emailing Heathrow at email@example.com or calling 0800 307 7996.
The deadline for responding to this consultation is 11.55pm on 28 March 2018. Comments can be provided is several ways:
- Online: www.heathrowconsultation.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Write: Freepost LHR EXPANSION CONSULTATION or Freepost LHR AIRSPACE CONSULTATION
Bottom of Form