28/06/16 Green Lane Bridge Reopened
We are pleased to inform all residents that Green Lane Bridge is now reopened!
The first three pictures are of the opening of the bridge on May 6th 2016 by Julia Nielson, granddaughter of Mr Christian Nielson, the benefactor who donated Nielson’s Field to the district on 6th May 1935 (81 years ago to the day!) as a celebration of the Silver Jubilee of King George V (6th May 1935).
Julia Nielson having a chat after the opening with Brian Bowles who lived nearby when the 1935 opening happened.
The plaque on the pier of the bridge commemorating the original opening and the Silver Jubilee of King George V
This was the original opening of Nielsen’s Field in 1935