Elmbridge Council – Public Engagement on new Local Plan
The Elmbridge Council Local Plan is now at the Regulation 19 representation stage. This allows residents to express their vierws on
- Protecting and enhancing the character of Elmbridge
- Helping us to live more sustainably
- Thriving high streets and parades
Starting today (Friday 17 June) and running for 6 weeks until 29 July 2022, you can let the National Planning Inspectorate know your views on whether the Elmbridge Draft Local Plan is legally compliant and sound.
There have been numerous consultations through the last six years, asking about specific sites, specific development, green belt use etc, but Regulation 19 is different:
- This is the last stage of public engagement before submitting the Draft Plan to the Planning Inspectorate for examination.
- This is a consultation on the proposed draft Local Plan policies; earlier consultations sought views on different options and issues which had to be considered before the council finalised this draft Local Plan.
- All responses will be sent to the Planning Inspectorate in the autumn with the draft Local Plan and the evidence base documents
- Only comments on the soundness and legal compliance of the Plan can be made and it must be targeted to a specific policy or paragraph in the Draft Plan.
To support you with the process a full questions and answers set on the Regulation 19 representation is available on the Council’s website and you can watch this short video on the Regulation 19 representation
Published on Friday, June 17th, 2022
in General Interest